8 January — This year’s Golden Globes is already being argued by critics to be the worst, if not, one of the worst ever in its more than 70 years of history. Setting aside the awkward moments exchanged by hosts and presenters, many times owing to the damaged teleprompter, the event indeed had its highlights, including the first ever public appearance of Brad Pitt following his much publicized split with ex-wife, Angelina Jolie — and, yes, he is as gorgeous as ever at 53!
The winningest fashion statements on the red carpet
If you love fashion, the red carpet is where most of the more interesting stuff in style happened. Here are our top picks:
1. Emma Stone. She was one of the night’s biggest winners alright but, she also happens to be one of the best dressed in any red carpet event. This time, she nailed it with a low neckline Valentino dress in sheer fabric was beautifully adorned with stars from the sleeves down to the hems.
2. Viola Davis. Yet another red carpet favorite, Davis wore a bright yellow, assymetrical shoulder gown by Michael Kors. She won the Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for “Fences”.
3. Isabelle Huppert. The French actress won the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Drama for “Elle”. She donned an Armani Privé dress with a heavily embellished top half and a plain silk, ankle-length bottom that left her looking simple and chic.
4. Sarah Paulson. The actress has been closely watched for her stellar performance in “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story”, which earned her this year’s Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television.
5. Claire Foy. This year’s Best Actress for TV Drama wore an Erdem gown in gliterry blush pink sequins with silver accents, and a powder blue ribbon on the waist. She won the award for playing the role of the young Queen Elizabeth in “The Crown”.
The trend points to plenty of shimmers and glitters. If you’re looking for a suitable gown for yourself or for your young daughter in time for Valentine’s or Prom Night, you can take inspiration from these red carpet looks. Pair with pumps or ankle strapped sandals — it’s impossible to get your fashion statement wrong.