(Please click on the image to watch a YouTube video on how to make this well-loved sweet treat.)
Baking can be a tedious task. If you’re a modern woman typically juggling your roles everyday and even throughout the holidays, baking may sound intimidating and it’s possible you’ve never tried your hands on making any pastry. Wait until you see how easy this recipe is!
It’s the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet cravings this Holidays and even beyond.
What you’ll need:
3/4 cup Dari Creme Buttermilk, softened
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder, dissolved in water
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons, McCormick Vanilla Flavor
2 eggs, medium
1 cup Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Chips, semi-sweet
1 cup Sunkist Whole Cashews, light salted
What to do:
1. Before mixing your ingredients, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, pour in your butter.
3. Add in your white and brown sugar. Mix and cream with the butter.
4. Add 1 egg. Once well incorporated, add in the second egg.
5. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla and baking powder dissolved in 2 tablespoons of warm water.
6. Add the flour. Fold in with your wet mixture.
7. Add chocolate chips and whole cashew nuts. Mix well.
8. Line tin pans with butter or oil.
9. Drop spoonfuls of your batter onto the pans. Don’t place too close to each other as this will expand when heated. Cover with foil to make sure your cookies cook evenly.
10. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or, until the sides of your cookies begin to brown. If you want it toasted, you can extend baking time.
Now, that’s a wrap — stack your chocolate chip cookies in containers or bags, tie a ribbon, put a tag on it and it’s ready to be enjoyed by your family and friends. Save some of this delish treat for yourself too!